Monday, March 31, 2014

Short and Sweet—Three Things I Learned in March

1. It isn't hard to make your own cleaning solutions, such as "Mirror Bright."

The ingredients are

1 1/2 cups white vinegar
1/2 cup water
8 drops citrus oil

It's so rewarding to make these "potions" (as my husband, Dan calls them), and it makes the house smell really pretty, too!

2. Reading poems aloud is therapeutic, along with light memorization. The KJV of the Bible is great for this, although I like a variety of translations. So far, I've learned this line of Jesus by heart:

"I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness."

3. C.S. Lewis was a genius. I'm reading The Silver Chair and have an image in my head of the author in flannel pajamas and a night cap at his writing desk with a big smirk on his face, amused by his own sillyness. It is these kinds of happy images that make me want to keep writing, even if Lewis didn't actually laugh at his own jokes or own a night cap.

That's all.

Happy April!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like March was totally awesome for you. I love that Jesus line, and I love how you worded it "a line of Jesus". So power-packed. Anything that comes after those words will be totally, insanely awesome.

    C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors! I've yet to read the Silver Chair, but I've read three books in the Narnia series and I am just more and more blown away by his writing every time I read one.

    Happy April!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. C.S. Lewis definitely was one of the best!

    ReplyDelete