Monday, April 18, 2011

Oliver Ames Library and Old Pond

This weekend I was able to visit two "O" places, which makes for a great "O" post for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. 

The first place I visited was (Oliver) Ames Library in Easton, MA.  I found this photo of it online.
The interior was dimly light and many bookshelves outlined the perimeter of the building.  Nostalgic portraits hung on the walls.  There were tables and chairs for people to sit and read, a little too close to the bookshelves, in my opinion. 

My boyfriend, Dan, and I passed by a group of boys playing a card game.  At the next table, a lady sat and read, an over-sized book hiding most of her face.

The next day, we visited Dan's grandparents and walked beside Old Pond.

Today is Dan's birthday.  So happy birthday to him!
He's getting old.
:)

9 comments:

  1. aw.. Happy birthday to Dan!!!!

    Lovely places, and pictures. I'd love to visit that library... The architecture and its history... oh... just fascinating!

    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Dan. The lake is beautiful, and the library . . . oh my goodness, I cannot believe that's a library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Dan!

    The pictures you shared today were awesome! That is one impressive library! And Old Pond looks just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post and lovely photos. So much beauty to see. Happy birthday to Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Dan!

    Lovely photos, that library is a wonderful building!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those places are so beautiful! And Happy Birthday to Dan who is not old! (I tried to think of a good adjective that begins with "o" but everything unpleasant seems to begin with "o"... odious, obscene &c. Oh well!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding post. Ovations around.

    Over and Out,
    Michael

    (ok so I'm not nearly as creative as you, but I try)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I challenge you to a card game!!!! lol

    -Love your BF, Dan

    ReplyDelete